• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Our Discord
  • Been off for a while...

Goemaat

Nomad
    Due to COVID and other issues it's been 168 days since my last login. I thought claims didn't expire for people who purchased titles/claim blocks. I was finally able to find this, is it different than it was back in March?

> To save space in the world, we have an auto-unclaiming system in place. Currently, the time is set to 100 days; so if you do not log in for 100 days, your claim is automatically removed. However, any user with 500k+ claim blocks will not have their claims removed, ever, as put in our auto-unclaiming system.

Is there any way to get my claim back or get it copied to somewhere else now that someone else has claimed it? I had a rather large base that took me a couple of months to build. I don't suppose there's any way to get the items I had stored in a chest back (lots of OP gear :() but it looks like most of the area is the way I left it so it could be copied somewhere.

multirp

Manager
    Admin
    Developer
    Administrator
    Ultimate
    Heya @Goemaat! Welcome back!

Unfortunately, the rules have not changed, all claims other than those of 500k or more claim blocks auto expire after 100 days of inactivity. Once they expire, if they are claimed by another player, there really isn't much we can do about it - the claim and everything inside of it belongs to them at that point.

You can mail them in-game ('/mail send <name> <msg>') to see if they'd be willing to give back the claim and/or items, but beyond that there isn't much we can do about it, sorry!

-Multi

Heya @Goemaat! Welcome back!

Unfortunately, the rules have not changed, all claims other than those of 500k or more claim blocks auto expire after 100 days of inactivity. Once they expire, if they are claimed by another player, there really isn't much we can do about it - the claim and everything inside of it belongs to them at that point.

You can mail them in-game ('/mail send <name> <msg>') to see if they'd be willing to give back the claim and/or items, but beyond that there isn't much we can do about it, sorry!

-Multi
    Is it possible to roll back the chunks with worldEdit, and copy/paste them elsewhere? Just kind of feel bad for this guy since the circumstances are out of his control here

Edit: If it even is possible, I would like to know how to do this (I'm a server owner myself)

multirp

Manager
    Admin
    Developer
    Administrator
    Ultimate
    While we don't directly offer assistance with server administration (for obvious reasons), I will tell you that WorldEdit does not allow such a thing. All WorldEdit really does is allow you to quickly and efficiently make builds. You can, admittedly, revert an area to how it was originally in the world seed which functions as a 'roll back' of sorts, but would likewise be unhelpful in this situation.

You would need to take a schematic of the area, and then paste that schematic in elsewhere, which would be a direct copy of the area. You will have to, if you're interested, look online for more detailed tutorials on the subject - there are many - but it isn't something I can directly help with.

While taking a copy of their build and pasting it elsewhere is entirely possible, there is lots to consider when doing it. First, we would essentially be duplicating everything in that build. Which is fine (I guess, sort of) when it's something like wood or cobble that is easily accessible, but begins to be a problem with items of more value. It is also taking staff time and attention away from their other duties for what amounts to user error.

Our claim rules are pretty lax - you are allowed to be offline for 100 days before your claims automatically expire. If you logged in for 10 minutes every month or two to say hi, or maybe mine a bit or tend a farm, your claims will never expire. While I can certainly appreciate life happens, it's worth note that most of the lives of the staff are rather busy as well, and we are often available every single day. It is true that this is part of what we 'signed up for', but it also means it really isn't that hard - even in a busy life - to make time to spend an hour or two online now and then.

If circumstances prevent a player from accessing the server for 100 days (such as an obligation they know of in advance), they are free to unclaim the area themselves and let a friend that will be active claim it instead (we have, in fact, done this for the player in the event they physically cannot for some reason, and make their request to us very clear. Such a circumstance might be losing minecraft or net access, and managing to talk to us on discord for assistance in it.

While it would be nice to be capable of holding onto every players claims indefinitely, on our survival servers at least, there is a limited amount of space and a limited amount of resources (a large amount, granted, but you'd be amazed how much a few thousand players over the lifetime of a server can drain it...). It also acts as a minor incentive to log on, because you will potentially lose what you worked for. It keeps the server healthy, and it promotes activity - with our community being one of the selling points of our server.

-Multi