• Our Discord
  • Complaint: Pinkgamer123

Should full caps be allowed in chat?

• Yes!

Votes: 2 50.0%
    • No!

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
    A certain player called Pinkgamer123 has been overusing caps and has been spamming things such as 'DO /MA J RIGHT NOW!', as I cannot provide screenshots this is not a report just a complaint. Many other players have seen this disrespect to other players and agree it is unnacceptable for such chat abuse to be acceptable. If she/he could be spoken to I and a few unnamed others would be very appreciative!

Hope everyones having a great day!

-Livin

Liv, Pink is leaving OldTown so this wont need any more attention. This problem in particular is very disruptive and annoying. Many players do this and I hope they can stop. To all OldTown players who do this: Please stop, overusing caps and spamming aren't going to change what people want to do at that time. It also probably will get you banned sooner or later. Please stop and think of your actions and of what other players are thinking of you.

TransparentFate

Citizen
    God
    What is wrong with caps? Am I the only one who seems like caps are just as normal as 'no running in the hallways' when people run anyways? It's like caps is as bad as murder to you guys >_>

I think one or two full caps messages should be aloud at a time. Spamming caps shouldn't be allowed at all.

Simplifex

Titan
    Well many people consider it shouting and may also be distracted by it as it draws the eyes more so than the regular conversation. I think it should be used for emphasis but it doesn't really bother me at all. I actually find it easier to read as this is how I write IRL. Yes, my hand writting is bad enough that I write in block print and all caps. :)

I agree with using it as emphasis and using it only a couple of times, but i've seen some people spam the same message in full on caps just to get some attention. :/

TransparentFate

Citizen
    God
    Something just came to mind, not sure if there's a plugin for this but what if there was something like /caps toggle? If toggled the player sees either all caps, no caps, or just regular chat box.

I do all caps to if only to express myself in seriousness/anger if no one is listening to me (because I'm a squishy mod) or to grab people's attention when I'm doing am event or something (so people won't get left out), but I only caps once since I've already grabbed people's attention.