• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Our Discord
  • Corruption within the staff

I was thinking it would be a good idea to create a thread were we can all talk about our views about corrupt staff without (hopefully) being banned. Nobody should ever have to live with corruption so maybe somewhere we can openly post our views would help crack down.

I'm not gonna mention names but I saw a report, reporting someone who was related to a staff, the staff member was the first to reply and didnt seem to take any action. Except, by the looks of things locking the thread, making it impossible for any future evidence to be posted there.

Staff, please dont ban people who post here, everyone should have the right to speak out against corruption

2014 Corruption Perceptions Index -- Results

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    Why must people always refer to banning as a punishment? It's a countermeasure used to prevent griefers, spammers and the likes of them from doing any more damage than they did; there are other kinds of countermeasures and/or punishments to perform, like inventory reset, complete rollback (which would delete the person's house), demotion (suited for this thread's purpose), permission removal...

We're not going to "ban" or perform any act of punishment upon people who post on this thread (assuming they follow the rules, of course).
    Also, please heed the fact that staffees are as human as much as you are, and humans, because of how the human brain works, tend to make errors in judgement and/or action: I don't know who that moderator you claimed to have answered without taking action is/was, but it could have been me for all I know (although I don't even know how to lock threads, nor understand what's the point of doing so); maybe the moderator thought that taking action was not the best thing to do (explaining why would be nice though). Again, people always make mistakes. I do, ask Dawning (although it really was a mistake, for how dumb and avoidable it may have been).

If you want any action to be taken about that thread, or about anything, be explicit. We, or in case I'm the one being accused "they", can't do anything if you just say "stop corruption"... unless you play Terraria :3

Irrelevant to the argument: what does that link have to do with this, and what is it based on? °^°

I think this is a very good idea, as long as it's kept respectful and legitimate.

However, the thread that was locked, that could have been done for many reasons. Also, if a situation is dealt with, there's no reason to keep picking at it, as the saying goes.

Another thing to keep in mind is that player bans/grief complaints aren't on a public forum, so should staff ones be?

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    Another thing to keep in mind is that player bans/grief complaints aren't on a public forum, so should staff ones be?
    Yes and no, staffees are players as well '^' just complain there. But now that I think about it, given the complaint section of the forums, this thread is in a manner pointless...

To keep my humoristic personality alive:

Why must people always refer to banning as a punishment? It's a countermeasure used to prevent griefers, spammers and the likes of them from doing any more damage than they did; there are other kinds of countermeasures and/or punishments to perform, like inventory reset, complete rollback (which would delete the person's house), demotion (suited for this thread's purpose), permission removal...

We're not going to "ban" or perform any act of punishment upon people who post on this thread (assuming they follow the rules, of course).
    Also, please heed the fact that staffees are as human as much as you are, and humans, because of how the human brain works, tend to make errors in judgement and/or action: I don't know who that moderator you claimed to have answered without taking action is/was, but it could have been me for all I know (although I don't even know how to lock threads, nor understand what's the point of doing so); maybe the moderator thought that taking action was not the best thing to do (explaining why would be nice though). Again, people always make mistakes. I do, ask Dawning (although it really was a mistake, for how dumb and avoidable it may have been).

If you want any action to be taken about that thread, or about anything, be explicit. We, or in case I'm the one being accused "they", can't do anything if you just say "stop corruption"... unless you play Terraria :3

Irrelevant to the argument: what does that link have to do with this, and what is it based on? °^°
    I don't think floatingdemon was looking for an explanation about the thread he was talking about. I think he was just using it as an example. I think this could be a good idea. If a staff member becomes a problem then this would be a way for multiple people to add support and weight to their issue.

At the same time it could be a troll fest and cause a huge headache.

And all is forgiven Kohaku :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1438953086][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yes and no, staffees are players as well '^' just complain there. But now that I think about it, given the complaint section of the forums, this thread is in a manner pointless...

To keep my humoristic personality alive:

There's a complaint section?

I'm not looking for an explanation, the aim of this was, as staff become aware that what they're doing isn't going down well so they will become more aware of their actions.

AlphabetJack

Formerly
    Titan

I agree fondly with Kohaku, banning isn't a punishment, it is brought upon you as a result of your actions, therefore, resulting in a choice made instead of punishment. The objection of staff is to have fun, and enforce the rules while still having fun, and ban is another way of clearing bad people who do bad actions on the server. Getting banned is not a punishment, it's a choice.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1438976193][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I agree fondly with Kohaku, banning isn't a punishment, it is brought upon you as a result of your actions, therefore, resulting in a choice made instead of punishment. The objection of staff is to have fun, and enforce the rules while still having fun, and ban is another way of clearing bad people who do bad actions on the server. Getting banned is not a punishment, it's a choice.
    So don't come on here right after you are banned and say I'm reporting a staff for banning me. Thanks :p

[DOUBLEPOST=1438976193][/DOUBLEPOST]
    So don't come on here right after you are banned and say I'm reporting a staff for banning me. Thanks :p
    I was never refering to banning as a punishment, I thought if this did get me banned, it would be something to do with offense and disrespect. is there some way to delete this thread or something? I feel the aim of this has been defeated and it has just turned into critisising me for creating this thread

AlphabetJack

Formerly
    Titan
    I was never refering to banning as a punishment, I thought if this did get me banned, it would be something to do with offense and disrespect. is there some way to delete this thread or something? I feel the aim of this has been defeated and it has just turned into critisising me for creating this thread
    No no I think you misunderstood, I was saying that I don't want the purpose of the thread to be mistaken. For example: People just coming on and reporting the staff member who banned them. I think it's a good idea and I think you should keep it.

I find it insulting that we staff members get things like this to deal with, we put time and effort into looking after the server and making sure someone doesn't get online and destroy everything. You may not like certain staff members or certain rules but at the end of the day we do a lot for you and if you truly respect and love the server then you would understand that unfortunately sometimes banning does have to occur; It doesn't happen too often and only for good reasons. And even if we have lots of reasons for the ban you can still submit an unban app unlike a huge majority of other servers. We give you a chance to explain yourself and your actions. We're much more lenient than other staff teams and we do take everyone's side of the story into account no matter what evidence we have.

We constantly get arguments and issues to deal with for silly reasons and honestly we don't mind having to sit there and spend 45 minutes arguing with someone why it isn't okay to call someone a noob or something like that. Not because we thoroughly enjoy punishing people. But because we care about the peace and try and maintain it as best we can!

Hope this eases some people's minds.

Enjoy the rest of your day

-livin

I find it insulting that everyone is assuming I think of staff as monsters.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1439025993][/DOUBLEPOST]
    No no I think you misunderstood, I was saying that I don't want the purpose of the thread to be mistaken. For example: People just coming on and reporting the staff member who banned them. I think it's a good idea and I think you should keep it.
    I dont think anybody is actually gonna post anything here except how they misinterpreted the reason for this thread so they can critisise me

Last edited:
    I guess a good reason for this type of thread is for a new staff member doing things the wrong way and/or abusing their power BUT, that should probably be put in Report a Player instead.

I guess a good reason for this type of thread is for a new staff member doing things the wrong way and/or abusing their power BUT, that should probably be put in Report a Player instead.
    Agreed.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1439054984][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I find it insulting that we staff members get things like this to deal with, we put time and effort into looking after the server and making sure someone doesn't get online and destroy everything. You may not like certain staff members or certain rules but at the end of the day we do a lot for you and if you truly respect and love the server then you would understand that unfortunately sometimes banning does have to occur; It doesn't happen too often and only for good reasons. And even if we have lots of reasons for the ban you can still submit an unban app unlike a huge majority of other servers. We give you a chance to explain yourself and your actions. We're much more lenient than other staff teams and we do take everyone's side of the story into account no matter what evidence we have.

We constantly get arguments and issues to deal with for silly reasons and honestly we don't mind having to sit there and spend 45 minutes arguing with someone why it isn't okay to call someone a noob or something like that. Not because we thoroughly enjoy punishing people. But because we care about the peace and try and maintain it as best we can!

Hope this eases some people's minds.

Enjoy the rest of your day

-livin
    Yeah you misunderstood. The OP wasn't saying we should have a place to complain about being banned.

And NO ONE has complained about mods. We all appreciate every one of you. This post wasn't about that.

I'd just like to make something clear, If you're going to complain about people not understanding the purpose of something yet explain it so badly then surely the mistake is your own for not clearly explaining your intentions?

I'd just like to make something clear, If you're going to complain about people not understanding the purpose of something yet explain it so badly then surely the mistake is your own for not clearly explaining your intentions?
    Whose complaining about not understanding? The only person who sounds like they are complaining is now you.