Votes: 2 11.1%
    • Can't remember

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Other

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

Grecc

Established
    Hello everyone! I thought it would be nice if everyone shared how they found out about Old Town. Thank you for your input! :)

CosmicDestiny

Formerly known as CrystalFate
    God
    Ah. I remember the day as if it was 3 years ago cause it was 3 years ago when i was in 5th grade i believe. I had a friend who said she owned a ton of minecraft servers she really didnt and i chewed her out for saying this. She said she didnt like how one of the servers survival ran and the other server didnt have an actual survival. So her and me kept going on and off and on and off and on and off (you get the point) of tons of servers. some were nice and people welcomed us while others were...not so nice as in the chat's language was not contained, the staff were lazy, etc. Then, after about 2 weeks of searching, we found a server like no other...but it wasn't very good so we kept searching then about 2 days after that we found Old Town! We thought "wow, the name is kinda cool and people are welcoming us so, why not?" We made friends and i remember this town we lived in too. And with my friend and me in our akward immature stage of growth, we started becoming curious in the plugins the server had I didn't know they were called plugins at the time since i had only owned minecraft for about...1 month?We then discovered...districts! Dun Dun Dunnnnn. We started claiming everything! it was outragous. We also died a lot until someone helped us build our first house... I would search the world forever to find that house except that, well, the server was in 1.7.4 at the time (i think) so yeah, world got deleted for 1.8. Anyway we decided to stay until we realised that not everyone is super nice...and someone called my friend a (insert word here) and a scared little (insert words here) and etc etc. I know who said those words too as i remember the day...my friend left our favorite server...Anyway i forgot abput the serv until 1.7.6 and then again until 1.8 and now i'm here, offical member that has donated of Old Town and i am indeed proud of it. If anyone has problems i would love to help! One more thing, go ahead and tell us your story! (You know, if it's interesting x3)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452578244,1452578176][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hello everyone! I thought it would be nice if everyone shared how they found out about Old Town. Thank you for your input! :)
    You know, since you started this thread, why don't you share your story too? :D

I remember 3 days after my first time in minecraft (last febuary) I remembered seeing someone go to something called "A Server" and I was like oooh I wana go to a server!! And the only one I knew of was the one he mentioned so I went to that and it was horrible and flashy and rude and wat and you probably know what server Im talking about and then I went on google and searched "fun survival servers" and found oldtown because it looked really simple/fun/heart warming so I joined and then my life was taken over. The end.

Grecc

Established
    Thank you CrystalFate and Bak!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452668143,1452667936][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay so about three years ago during school I was talking to a new friend (Frittenata), we both happened to play Minecraft. She gave me the ip and boom I am here.

TransparentFate

Citizen
    God
    Found this from my irl friend. He was yelling at me to stop being a griefer/server destroyer after the events that took place 4 years before on our first server (I think I explained this at my story) and told me to just happily join this server with his girlfriend. Very welcoming compared to all the other servers I attacked joined owo

Lapis_Firestar

Colossus
    I joined Old Town after an incident on another server. The Owner had sold the server to someone else who didn't particularly like me, so, me and a few of my friends on their abandoned ship (literally, I built soo many pirate ships) and went in search of other servers. While I preferred survival servers, they all preferred minigames. I haven't seen many of them since though I talk to one on Skype and another I saw recently on a survival games server. I went in search of a new place to call my Minecraft home, testing out a number of survival servers, but Old Town just stuck with me, especially since everything was so neat and tidy and still natural looking despite all the players. I've been here a year now, and some days I think I should leave, but I have too many friends around here to jump deck.

CosmicDestiny

Formerly known as CrystalFate
    God
    You know, in my head i thought "I doubt anyone will be willing enough to share their stories" but now, i can see all of it...literally i just got new contacts and they are Amazing! All of your stories, whether big or small, kinda warms my heart because i know that there is a happy ending to all of them the moment i start reading it...it ends here, where yet another story unfolds...let's see where this story takes us guys. Let's see, but not alone! We will see each and ever one of our stories unfold together.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452889991,1452889465][/DOUBLEPOST]You know, I thought i'd add one extra little part to my story. I've never been social in my life. Ever. My parents have always told me i need to be more social but the truth was, it was impossible for me to even go up to someone and start a conversation. If everyone didn't know already, the world is a very corrupted place. You don't find many people nowadays being very...kind. People now just blurt out whatever they want to. This is yet another piece of the puzzle of Crystal's life. When i found oldtown, I realized that there ARE nice people in the world (you guys) which is why i started playing. this was nice and all until the moment that someone (still not saying who) bullied my friend and got her to leave the server. That is when i remembered that there are mean people and that the world IS a corrupted place. Everyone says to leave your room and go outside but what they don't understand is that it is hard to leave oldtown, it is hard to leave your friends, it is hard to leave everything you built out of YOUR creativity and overall, it is really REALLY hard to leave a perfect world. Of course there are SOME flaws with the server but really, the server allows us to come together and build a perfect world in which everyone can be happy and enjoy what we build. It reminds me of our world...but better. And really, who doesn't think that OldTown is a perfect world?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452890185][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay seriously, not sure what you guys think but dang, i really get serious when writing about topics such as these. Lol i guess im just a good writer.

It was a few years ago when I finally actually found Old Town it was kind of around when Old Town had just started. Mell or Mellena_AW or FireFly289 told me about it when we had a sleepover. We meet some of her friends on the server and we all became best friends! It was amazing and as the years went on by we were shocked how many people joined and I met a lot of new friends. I love Old Town it was the first server I ever went on and I love it, guess that's why I have a rank (lol). The server is so Simple yet Creative and so neat #FirstServerIEverBeenOn.

TabbyCatt26

Formerly
    Ultimate
    Earthknite used to let me play on his computer a few years ago and he didn't know it, but I would sneak onto multiplayer and play OT, and then I used his friend's account, and I went from Catt26 to TabbyCatt26 and I remember a lot, was here for a lot, etc. 3 years maybe? Idk.

Alicietta

Ultimate
    Earthknite used to let me play on his computer a few years ago and he didn't know it, but I would sneak onto multiplayer and play OT, and then I used his friend's account, and I went from Catt26 to TabbyCatt26 and I remember a lot, was here for a lot, etc. 3 years maybe? Idk.
    I've only been here for a year O_O

I found OT on a random search "minecraft rp servers" they were all factions and i hate factions i HATE HATE HATE IT.

SUPER SECRET :ninja: POWERS

YEAH

ronip

Established
    God
    me come from me friend. me friend found dis server somehow. but dis server good (imagine its in a Russian accent or it wont get better):p