Dismiss Notice
SERVER IP: play.AspiriaMc.com

Is Aspiria dead?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DreadySemicolon, Feb 7, 2018.

?

PES or FIFA:

1. Pro Evolution Sucker

2. EA's Bloody Money Factory

3. Neither, they are both good / ok

4. Neither, football sucks

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DreadySemicolon

DreadySemicolon Bishop of the umi order
    Retired Mod King

(tl;dr at the end)

Hi,

I'm a former player, I've played on Aspiria / OldTown since its creation (a month later, to be truthful). I've dropped out a few times, and I'm sure many of those who read this will have no idea of who I am; I've changed my nickname several times, some of those names were AmberOfSickness, DreadySemicolon, Pastashoot, WailinElektro, NimitzNimi, KohakuHachi and now go by NukapisunKaz.
    I've recently decided to jump back in, to perhaps meet old faces and see how the community is doing - apparently not too good. When I used to play we had peaks of 30 players, and it was basically impossible to find it empty throughout the American timezone's day. Now, the player count peaks to 10 and stuff is barren.
    The forums aren't doing much better: the last update on the homepage dates back to mid 2017, the second-to-last forum thread dates back to January 5 and the last one, from three days ago, points out how it isn't possible to log in anymore (for now?).

Is Aspiria dying?
    Did something happen?
    Was it just "death by old age"?
    Is staff still working on stuff?
    Are old players still up and running?
    What happened to TransparentFate, the most popular :D moderator of 2016?

What's better, FIFA or PES?

Up until a few days ago the server was online, I could connect to it and I interacted with a few people. I even saw a moderator coming online, so I guess that if the server is truly dead, at least it wasn't until Sunday;

TL;DR (or simple follow-up):
    If anyone knows about what happened to Aspiria as of late 2017, please answer this thread. By "what happened", I'm thinking of the playerbase drop and the discontinuation of the forums (and perhaps of the server itself).

Also, if you knew me back in the ol' days, saying hi will be appreciated C:

2. Enzo Graffeo

Enzo Graffeo Newbie

Yup. It's failing for me too. It just says Logging In for a long time then disconnects. Have you tried messaging a moderator?

Just want to play some minecraft on me fav server

3. zues49

zues49 Newbie

Did I do that?

4. Chuck

Chuck New Member

I think it's done. It's been down for a week now. It's sad to see my favorite server go. I hope it comes back, but it doesn't look like it. It's been great, guys.

5. DreadySemicolon

Retired Mod King

It's kinda sad to see a community rise, grow up and die, expecially one that has gone on for 6 years, more so if you helped moderate it.
    Oh well, I abandoned it several times, so meh, plus I got a peBlack Desert Online to fill the gap.
    (family-friendly joke right there, I tell you)

6. 暁美 ほむら

TransparentFate was banned from the server, we are not allowed to talk about him at all. If you want to meet the old members of old town, they are relocated at a new discord, where TransparentFate resides too.

TRANSLATED:
    TransparentFate was banned from the server, we are not allowed to talk about him at all. If you want to meet the old members of old town, they are relocated at a new discord, where TransparentFate resides too.

7. 暁美 ほむら

SECRET MESSAGE:
    It's me, Fate! Oh man it's been forever hasn't it? A lot of the old town players moved over with me after BiGGi's messages got leaked. As much as I want you to come in and join, that's all up to you honestly :/
    Either way, long time no see man ouo/

8. ItsLeo_

ItsLeo_ New Member
    Titan

ItsLeo_
    Director
    what's the new discord?

9. Chuck

Chuck New Member

The server is no longer dead. YAY!!!

10. DreadySemicolon

Retired Mod King

Yay, F80M80R80B80K80D80L80PL80CR80Y80 is alive :D
    I'll quote
    cuz I look forward to meeting the old people (even if only for a bit, university is tiring).

So I was right, something dramaish DID happen...

IMPORTANT EDIT:
    I can't find any information. I've been reading through (supposedly) F80's activity, and searching on google various related names, to no avail. Also, the original forum account does no longer exist (surprise!).
    I don't know where to find the new Discord community,
    I don't know where to find any member of said community,
    I don't know where to find the reason for F80 to be banned,
    I don't know where I am going with my life,

I don't know where all of the Aspiria numbers went.
    All I know is that my ignorance is Alice Pancetta's fault. >:3

I edited this instead of replying to the thread in order to prevent this update from being noticed openly. If you're reading this, it means you're either reading for the first time, or, like me, you're a no-life purposeless obsessed and nostalgic investigator. Or you're simply interested on this matter, for some reason.
    Maybe you're a moderator, reading through to catch anything violating the terms or service or whatever Aspiria now calls them; in that case, you may have something to add to this conversation.
    Do you, reader, know anything about all this?
    Why was Fate, a.k.a. F80, banned?
    What was the message leaked from BiGGi (if there was any? idk) mentioned in F80's secret message in this thread (look for white text)?
    What happened to the (once great, recently toxic, nowadays dead) community so suddently, after 5 years?
    Why is there no update on the homepage of aspiriamc.com?
    Where's BiGGi?
    Who oversees the server now?
    Why can't I find any info on this?
    Is there any solid community as of now, or is it just close friends playing on a barren server?
    How many people do still play regularly?
    What does the current staff have to say about Aspiria's apparent demise?
    Why is everything in disrepair?
    How is the server still being paid for, given the thin thread it hangs on?
    Do people still donate?
    F80, how come you saw this thread?
    Do you still follow Aspiria, did you come BAK for nostalgia like me, before finding this?
    How's it going on the other side of the world, the new community you speak of?
    Who is in said community?

Note that I'm using this hidden piece of text to monologue freely, without significant formattation.

#10 DreadySemicolon, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  11. Lapis_Firestar

Director

mmaaaaaammmbers im back too! owo i just bought a new laptop today! I look forward to seeing you again, Miss you bunches <3

12. kingamla

kingamla Member

Is the server dead?
    Not really. There are players that still play on Aspiria but the number of players has dropped significantly :(

13. ronip

ronip Member
    Legend

The average player count on the off times is 0-1 and on the active hours 3-5, Its an improvement? Not really...

14. Chuck

Chuck New Member

I want to make the server better for everyone and I want to keep it from dying, so I applied for moderator. That was probably a bad idea considering there are no mods on anymore and they are the only ones who can approve them. XD

15. BiGUNMAN

BiGUNMAN Owner
    Owner

BiGUNMAN
    For the past two weeks nCore, Purple and I have been in discussion about what to do with the server. We've also been implementing multiple fixes as well as working on minor improvements we deem necessary. We're not too sure as to where we are headed just yet, but we're working on it.

16. kingamla

kingamla Member

Good luck on the server, Wish you luck for the future :D

17. Garrieth

Garrieth Diamond Member
    Legend

@BiGUNMAN @ronip Heyya guys :)
    Not sure if you remember me, but I was the guy who built the mall that everyone set up shops at... and I just built a lot in general.
    So sad to see that Aspiria has kind of died now in players, but if you do start gaining a player base, or need help with anything on the server, always feel free to send me an e-mail at garrettgarbear1@gmail.com, and title it ASPIRIA something :p
    Hope to hear from you soon!

18. CosmicSheepi

CosmicSheepi Newbie

@DreadySemicolon Fortunately everyone is doing quite well (the old towner's) on a mystery place with a name I shall not disclose~
    As for why Aspiria has fell into ruin (well, a lesser state than it's peak at least) it all started when Fate was removed... Fate was one of the supporting beams that kept everything held up and running. I think once he left, it sort of revealed how much weaker the other beams were now that the strongest one was gone. I wasn't on the staff team for longer after he left, and I don't believe I have the right to reveal anything about what was happening behind-the-scenes. The only thing that I can say is the best staff members left, and were replaced with uh... not optimal staff (Ex: Hudson, the corrupt admin). I don't know about how bad the staff is now, but during that time of poor staffing, people began to disperse to a happier place where people could chat more freely and their opinions were heard more easily. Once again, the server may have improved from that low point (or not, I'm unsure) but the people had already left and the damage was already done. I loved Aspiria at some point, but I too left due to all of my friends leaving. I hope that Aspiria may one day rebuild it's community and get good staff, but until then I shall look away from the poisoned fruit I once loved.
    G-good luck?
    -Sheepi
    P.S. Semi, You may not remember me but I remember you and how nice you were. You often helped my friends and me out, and you were nice to many people while also being strict when needed. I look up to both you and Fate as some of the best people I know/knew. I hope I was able to answer a couple of your questions, and hope maybe you'll still remember this poor ol' sheepu

19. Zeeph_

Zeeph_ New Member
    King

@DreadySemicolon I definitely seem to be in the same boat as you here. I drifted in and out of playing Minecraft, and Aspiria was the only place I ever really played. Every few updates I've come back to the place but I agree it is nowhere near the community it was back when it was called Old Town. Unfortunately with the lack of moderation and a lesser amount of maintenance it's sometimes more frustrating too play than is worth the effort. No idea whether you remember me, but I remember you being one of the better people on the server.
    -Zeeph_