• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Our Discord
  • Jails and Banks

AlphabetJack

Formerly
    Titan
    So, Chickensaysbak and I were thinking today...
    What if we had jails! and banks!

The reason to have a jail is to give a player one last chance before they are banned. Moderators can sentence them there for as long as they want or as long as they feel is needed for punishment. This gives the player time to think about what he/she did wrong, and at the same time, time to cool down. The Jail will be in the middle of the ocean and will be un-escapable, with the help of protection and moats and locked doors and what not. This is, well in my opinion, beneficial to both sides and is a win win situation. Prisoners will be fed 3 mushroom soups a day, and will be on mute full time. They will be taken to the "Jail mine" to mine for minerals. If prisoners try to escape, they will go to court for more jail time or will be banned!

And...Banks!
    Banks will be beneficial to the public. The Old Town Bank will have overflowing money to offer to players for loans. Players can keep their money in the banks, just like in real life! This gives players a way to save money and keeps them from spending all of it! Bank loans will be written down on books and quills, and will build up ore of a cost the longer you wait to pay it off!

Tell me if you guys like these ideas!
    Consider the previous! Thanks!
    Trackjack

For the record, there used to be a jail at spawn for pretty much the purpose you suggested. The fact that there no longer is one may be for a reason, although I am not sure what that reason would be.

I think banks won't work for multiple reasons. First, keeping track of that stuff requires a treasurer, and a treasurer cannot be online at all times. Additionally, it is difficult to find someone who will not be at all selfish or greedy with control over C and the tracking of it. Another problem is that there is no reason why players shouldn't take and take without returning, because they have no real incentive to pay the money back. Sure, the very complicated idea of adding interest onto loans does create incentive to return money QUICKLY, but there is no incentive to return it in the first place. I also want to point out that there is no point in incentivizing that it is returned sooner than later, as there is an endless pool of C to take from so the bank doesn't actually need the money back to keep using.

I don't mean to bash your and bak's idea, nor do I want to act like I have any control over this, because obviously I don't... but realistically I doubt the bank would be possible or necessary.

As for the jail, I think it is actually a good idea.

AlphabetJack

Formerly
    Titan
    For the record, there used to be a jail at spawn for pretty much the purpose you suggested. The fact that there no longer is one may be for a reason, although I am not sure what that reason would be.

I think banks won't work for multiple reasons. First, keeping track of that stuff requires a treasurer, and a treasurer cannot be online at all times. Additionally, it is difficult to find someone who will not be at all selfish or greedy with control over C and the tracking of it. Another problem is that there is no reason why players shouldn't take and take without returning, because they have no real incentive to pay the money back. Sure, the very complicated idea of adding interest onto loans does create incentive to return money QUICKLY, but there is no incentive to return it in the first place. I also want to point out that there is no point in incentivizing that it is returned sooner than later, as there is an endless pool of C to take from so the bank doesn't actually need the money back to keep using.

I don't mean to bash your and bak's idea, nor do I want to act like I have any control over this, because obviously I don't... but realistically I doubt the bank would be possible or necessary.

As for the jail, I think it is actually a good idea.
    I appreciate your opinions! Thanks!

AlphabetJack

Formerly
    Titan
    O
    The banks part does seem a little complex so does the feeding prisoners part, lol.
    Lol it's what they DESERVE
    Jk, but seriously though I think I'm taking out the banks portion and hoping for the jails to be successful. In another server I was co in they made them pay for food xD

Oh, I skimmed the part about the jails because the beginning seemed alright. Yeah, the jail should just keep players in mute and prevent them from going anywhere besides jail. The whole court, jail mine, and mushroom soup thing is a bit over the top. Just make them stay in jail for a set time, say 5-10 minutes. It allows mods to demonstrate that they have control over people when they go nuts, and allows the nutty people to find their chill.

AlphabetJack

Formerly
    Titan
    Oh, I skimmed the part about the jails because the beginning seemed alright. Yeah, the jail should just keep players in mute and prevent them from going anywhere besides jail. The whole court, jail mine, and mushroom soup thing is a bit over the top. Just make them stay in jail for a set time, say 5-10 minutes. It allows mods to demonstrate that they have control over people when they go nuts, and allows the nutty people to find their chill.
    Yes, and then if there is a need for more time than punishment should be revised
    [DOUBLEPOST=1437012434][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yes, and then if there is a need for more time than punishment should be revised
    I think the court would be cool and would be fun. Chicken already built an awesome one anyway