Dismiss Notice
SERVER IP: play.AspiriaMc.com

Solved Named mobs disappearing on survival blue

Discussion in 'Glitches and Errors' started by jazzman, Jul 2, 2019.

1. jazzman

jazzman Newbie

Contrary to Red, on blue, it's been at least 3 times that my named dog or villager has disappeared even when named with a nametag. Would appreciate if this was fixed! Thanks - Jazz

2. Alex_The_Hermit

Alex_The_Hermit Moderator
    Moderator Titan

Named entities will always despawn on blue. Every 10 minutes all entities are wiped by design

3. jazzman

jazzman Newbie

Thanks for responding Alex. That's quite a shame though I find. Similar to the farm chunk limit, perhaps there should be a limit to how many named mobs a person can have?

4. mjnoe70

mjnoe70 New Member

If you are used to the normal grind of MC then having the animal despawn is quite tough to get, however, the server is created in a way that makes it harder to accomplish certain things intentionally. I'm sure there was thought on limits, like red stone, but was decided to make it this way. Now on a positive note, I'm sure you have noticed that blue tends to have very little lag issues even with very high numbers.

5. Alex_The_Hermit

Alex_The_Hermit Moderator
    Moderator Titan

^^^Accurate. The issue is that if we allow exceptions to the rules, within weeks there would be thousands of abandoned mobs on the map that would not be getting wiped and the lag would start to get worse and worse. We made it with no exceptions on this server as a manner by which to ensure enjoyable and consistent play for our players long term.

• Informative Informative x 1