• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Our Discord
  • OldTown Social Issues

What do you think should happen in a cyber bullying situation?

• Total voters
    Hello everyone! I want to talk about something that's been going on for quite a long time and hasn't been addressed properly. Some of it involves chat. Some of it involves greifing/stealing. And some of it hurts many peoples feelings, cyber bullying.

First of all, Minecraft is meant to be a youngster friendly and fun game. Of course to make it more enjoyable, Mojang added multiplayer. I am sure they thought of cyber bullying and did all they could to prevent it. Still, it happens. I've been on Old Town for 2 1/2 years and have seen a lot of cyber bullying and want to put a stop to it. As I said, Minecraft is a game meant for all ages, so youngsters can get a little out of hand. Also many players act immature in chat and in-game. Chat fights break out all the time. Many people get their feelings hurt. Also sometimes people get badly judged because of their personality. I hope people can problem solve and stop fighting.

Second of all, many players greif or/and steal. These players usually enjoy doing it. They have no idea what the player would feel to find when they log back on and find all their valuable items stolen and their house destroyed. Players feel sadness and anger. I know this feeling from past experience. Some players leave the server just because they were greifed or stolen from. Greifing and stealing creates all types of problems for the player and the server. I hope greifers/stealers can stop and think about what you have done/what you would have done.

Lastly, I want to address a staff involved problem, activeness. Cyber bullying happens all the time and mods aren't there to help most of the time. I'm not saying that mods aren't good enough for their positions but that they need to improve on a skill. I hope mods can be on more to witness these problems and help the player out.

I hope everyone can stay strong and help each other out during rough times. Also if your friend is getting cyber bullied try to help him/her stand up to the bully. If you friend is getting bullied irl than also make sure to help them stand up. I hope everyone can stay strong against bullies and stand up!

Last edited:
    I believe that cyber bullying has increased recently on the server and is a constant and damaging problem for everyone, Most of the time when arguments occur I normally try to problem solve, and if an argument is started I usually just either /ignore the person or put chat in commands only. I suggest all players do this is such circumstances in order to reduce arguments and therefore keep the server argument free!

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    In my opinion, cyber-bullying happens because take multiplayer-based videogames/conversations too seriously. I'm not saying that nothing must be done, but the core of the problem lies on the reactions/thoughts triggered by various attacks, whether they get their house destroyed or insults by someone they barely know. Maybe it's just that I'm way too tempered about cyber-bullying, but I think those who get cyber-bullied should not completely rely on assistance offered by third parts.
    On the other hand, people need to be more on the look-out for victims of cyber-bullying; in my 1.5 years of playtime on OldTown I witnessed a great number of times people who were somehow being besieged, whether verbally or "physically", and there were no more than 2 people out of 15-20 helping or trying to help. Sure, most of those indifferent people may have been busy, but it looked more like lack of interest...