• Voice Chat in 1.9

Are you for voice chat?

• Yes

• Maybe?

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

POW_Derpington

Formerly known as _POW_
    I was starting a new survival world in snapshot 16w05b, when I went into the sound setting and saw an option for (and I quote with NO MODS) "Voice/Speech". I didn't see an option for this in controls. Mojang hasn't said anything about this on their site, however knowing Mojang, and how they like to keep things low key, we can expect the in 1.9! :3

TransparentFate

Citizen
    God
    Bunnies were a pet
    Rubies were a thing
    There was a pigman
    Duplication of obsidian was a legit feature
    Now there is voice chat.
    We can't bite our tongues yet for this to be released in the next update '^'

Voice Chat might be a nice thing but then again we'd prob get people screaming at each other or fighting sometimes. :/
    I hope they'd at least have a way to disable it?

Or there would be people making a bunch of irrelevant noise (aka the alternative for spam lol) or there would be people screaming "BAK! TALK!" because i don't like voice chat :33

TheJohnBeers

Settler
    Honestly though if they add a voice chat feature odds are they will add a mute/silence option.
    I think it would be an awesome addition to the game so you don't have to keep throwing skype info all over the place. xD

AdaptedDolphin

A Dolphin
    I think it would be a pretty good feature if it were added, but it would need a mute button. Some people might get annoying or just try to troll the rest of the server.

this would be a cool feature however this is not what that option is. That controls the volume of sounds made from command blocks using /playsound for adventure maps. Unfortunately at the moment this is only possible via mods