Dismiss Notice
SERVER IP: play.AspiriaMc.com

What Should We Add?

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions and Ideas' started by BiGUNMAN, Jul 31, 2016.

1. ToManyBananas

ToManyBananas Newbie

Hey. I have a few ideas. I think it would be nice to replace the new claiming plugin with the old one called Districts. Also the way to protect signs now is a bit weird and I think the old one should be brought back. A actual shop that's not just a gui would be cool also. The spawn is currently in the main world right now and I think it would be nice to have it in a flat world like in the past. My last idea is to remove the prismarine and arrow blocks at spawn and replace them with something else. Thanks.

2. Kingseeker

Kingseeker New Member

Suggestions/concerns/thoughts:

1. [Resource World] Not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet in this thread, but what are your thoughts on a resource world? Many implementations of them that I've seen have the resource world reset every so often. A positive result of these types of worlds is that it reduces the amount of decay on the main build world.

2. [Concern with repetitive speech plugin] Also, one pain point I have so far in playing is the plugin that prevents me from typing the same message (or similar) consecutively. I think the intent is good, but the implementation could be improved. I hadn't spoken for maybe 5 minutes, and wanted to welcome a new player. I tried saying "Welcome!", but I wasn't able to. To me, this is a bit overly restrictive. I don't understand the plugin enough to make specific suggestions, but that's my initial thoughts on it.

3. [Custom enchants] I've seen several servers adopt a system that allows for extra enchantments beyond the vanilla enchantments. I've found the system to add some depth and fun to the enchanting system. Personally, the main reason I want this is to have a night-vision enchantment I can add to, say, a helmet. (see 3a.)

3a. [night-vision enchantment] This would be a HUGE help for my intended build on the server. For my build, I will be digging out an underground area all the way to bedrock for several chunks. This immense, underground area is nearly impossible to light up, and I'd rather not waste space on lighting. Having the night vision enchantment would solve this issue of mine.

4. [More Accessible sign coloring] As it is right now, it appears the only way to get the ability to color signs in-game is to have the "Ultimate" donor rank. I think the ability to color signs in-game is a feature that should be more accessible to players; being able to color signs would allow for better formatting, leading to more readable signs. It would also add flexibility to the uses of signs. In my use-case, I plan to have a detailed set of instructions written with signs. It'll greatly help readability and ease-of-understanding if I could color the sign text.

For an example of how useful good formatting is, look at how I've used color in this post.

5. [Standard Currency Syntax] Currency in game is currently marked as 5$. Most currencies, including the USD have their syntax as $5. I'd recommend updating to reflect more standard practices.

#202 Kingseeker, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  3. Kingseeker

Kingseeker New Member

Looks like I cannot edit my previous post for some reason, but I meant to edit it to correctly say "Director" instead of "Ultimate"

4. Kill_switchxx

Kill_switchxx Newbie

I don't know if this was suggested. But how about a Auction house. That is a great economy builder. And makes it easier for players to help other players.

5. Torbait

Torbait New Member

I believe there's already an auction plugin on the server, it may have been removed though...

6. 0rangella

0rangella Newbie

Maybe recycling of some kind and shulker shells, beet seeds and music discs in the shop... I can't find any shulkers in the end and I have a ton of seeds and discs and can't do anything with them...

7. Kingseeker

Kingseeker New Member

This is a copy of what I posted on discord, but I'm going to throw this here for a better long-term location.

[Staff Info Page] I'd recommend setting up an information page on the website, detailing what the expectations are for staff and moderators. The goal of this page would be to give the players interested in becoming a staff/mod more information on what the role actually entails so they can know if it's truly a good fit for them (or if they're a good fit for the role) as well as being a place for existing staff to reference, with the hope of increasing accountability and quality. The page should include expectations, responsibilities, requirements (I know this is already on the application,) and guidelines for how to conduct themselves, such as standard etiquette for interacting with players and what happens when staff don't follow the rules. I'm sure there're more things that could be added on such a page that would be valuable.

8. xPookaMan1

xPookaMan1 Newbie

Could you add kelp and beetroot seeds in the shop