• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Our Discord
  • Computer Problems!

Hello All!
    I need some help. I know not everyone is amazing with computers but I am hoping someone here is!

So, my laptop is acting up. I log onto my laptop (I have a Toshiba laptop, not sure what type though) and I can move my mouse on the screen for a bit and everything seems fine. However, when I go to click on something (Let's use Minecraft as an example) it takes a bit and the whole screen freezes. I can't move my mouse on the pad or my wireless mouse. (I have a black, HP wireless mouse and my mouse pad thing hasn't worked for a while now.) I have turned it off and on, and done everything I could. If anybody here knows what my problem is and how to fix it, please tell me. I am trying to not go to a shop if possible. I am attempting to get on it now. Got into the minecraft launcher and screen dimmed and froze. Help!

Update: Attempted to turn on and off, screen is black and takes a long time to load
    [DOUBLEPOST=1460162559,1460161740][/DOUBLEPOST]Omg..
    I guess it was lag xD
    Ignore this whole post...
    Urgh. URGH.
    K I'm done xD

I think I can help fix the lag a bit. When was the last time you ran a disk cleanup or a malware scan?

I suggest taking the time to give your laptop a clean since it's probably been a while since you have. Also delete anything that you don't need in your downloads folder while you're at it.

Run a disk cleanup and disk defragmenter. Also a virus scan. If you have a wireless mouse, you might also want to try changing the batteries. It probably wouldn't hurt to update your video card also. Since you have a toshiba, you can go to http://support.toshiba.com/drivers and update everything there. Make sure it matches your model number.

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    I'm assuming you're using a Windows operative system.
    When your mouse cursor freezes, I can tell you (from experience) it's likely to be an "overheating" issue. I've had it with my Desktop PC when I broke the CPU fan, and it happens very often with my laptop. That's a symptom of high CPU usage.

If your CPU is working too much, you can pinpoint the source of the problem with Task Manager:
    - press Ctrl + Alt + Del, then choose "Task manager".
    - go to the "processes" tab, then order the list by CPU usage; If the fist item in the list is "System idle process" (which may be invisible)*, and this uses something like 90% or 65% of your CPU, then your problem is not CPU usage related, and you can completely ignore everything I'm saying ( ;n; ).

Otherwise
    , look for the various processes/items in the list that are using a "big portion" of your CPU.
    You have to expect some applications to do that, like Minecraft (in a few words, it runs as "javaw.exe"), or, sometimes, Internet browsers.
    If Minecraft is not the problem, then it may vary from application to application. My most generic and understandable advice is looking for a solution on Google, following this template: "<process_name> high cpu". I don't recommend killing/terminating the problematic process when you find it, as it may be a system process, but you can terminate them by clicking on the process you want to close and pressing Del.

*The "System idle process" is basically a collection of cycles unused by your PC, or, in other words, your "free CPU". Depending on your OS, you will find it in Task Manager.

I'm sorry if what I said makes no sense, but what I wrote is a mixture of detailed tech stuffs thingies and generalized concepts. I tried to make it as understandable and precise as possible ;^;