• Gaming Desktop vs. Laptop

Gaming Desktop or Laptop?

• Desktop

• Laptop

• I'm a chicken, I don't need computers

Results are only viewable after voting.

DrummerZack

Settler
    Hello, everyone! I am trying to decide between a gaming desktop or a gaming laptop. Here's the dilemma:
    While I do understand that desktops are more powerful and upgradeable, I bring my computer everywhere I go. I'm in college, and I use my laptop in class. I would primarily use this new computer for schoolwork, Minecraft, The Sims, SimCity, video-editing (I'm a YouTuber), and music editing. So I would like to know the following from you guys:

A) Desktop or Laptop?
    B) Which specific desktop or laptop would you recommend?
    C) The model/specs of YOUR computer

TransparentFate

Citizen
    God
    Desktop because not only it's stronger and upgradable but it'll last longer and won't become an obsolete object. My laptop I bought is already obsolete and in no means of upgrading it. In the long run, a desktop would be better and your money won't be lost to a laptop that'll be junk in a few years. That's just my opinion. But, think about this too, how much time you spend at home vs the time you spend in college? If you're in college more than you are at home, I'd say buy a laptop then overclock it and make it into a powerhouse burning so much of your internal parts of your laptop

BiGUNMAN

Citizen
    Ultimate
    I would suggest both, build yourself a pc and get yourself a decent laptop on sale (obviously this depends on your budget), but heck you could even use a Chromebook (although that depends on what you will be using your PC for). I was going to buy myself a new laptop because this one was become useless, but all I needed to do is upgrade it to an SSD, and its great now.

TBH i am a chicken so I had to choose that xD (even if it didnt say chicken I would have chose it anyway Ive never owned a laptop or desktop, Im a chromebook player) And also as far as I know chromebooks are the cheapest possible way to play mc, they cost 199 and they're light weight (but theres some cons too, video editing is terrible for it and you can only install stuff avalible in the google store, no mods, no things you would normaly download on a website.)