• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Our Discord
  • Is this legal?

I keep seeing people sell overpriced things in auction. I mean, I get that they are just trying to be funny, but some people actually want to sell things-- this just makes the time that they have to wait to sell things take longer, and (at least I know I do) some people auction stuff for very little because they want to clear their inventory.
    Note: I am referring to the stick, not the cocoa beans. (I would probably buy the cocoa beans if I needed food, haha.)
    Thanks,
    Slyvannus (.Sly)

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    This is technically not against the rules, but I am absolutely against misuse of the plugin; I get pretty mad when they ask me to auction stuff when they could just buy it. Imo it should count as spam, since it uses 7 to 13 chat lines in rapid succession. That's one of the many reasons for me to barely stand the plugin itself, honestly °^°

I agree, it is borderline spam. In my opinion, the plug-in is healthy for the economy (when it is actually used correctly), but I'd suggest bringing it up in the next staff meeting, because when one person does it and gets anymore than one "lol" every third auction is the same thing for the next ten minutes...
    Slyvannus (.Sly)
    P.S. I love your profile pic-- I don't get the reference, I just love the intense face-palming skills.

BiGUNMAN

Citizen
    Ultimate
    Was the previous Auction less spammy? If it was we can move back to it. Regarding spamming the /auc (item), I'll take a look into seeing what we can do.

i liked the previous auction plugin better because you could look and see the enchants on an item using /auc info, so you dont get ripped off

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    To see enchants on an item you can hover your cursor over the item's name in chat, but I agree that "/auc info" was way more user-friendly and that it was less spammy: now the plugin starts a countdown during the last 10 seconds of the auction, literally filling the chat screen.

BiGUNMAN

Citizen
    Ultimate
    To see enchants on an item you can hover your cursor over the item's name in chat, but I agree that "/auc info" was way more user-friendly and that it was less spammy: now the plugin starts a countdown during the last 10 seconds of the auction, literally filling the chat screen.
    I can disable the countdown :\ Just tell me what specifically.

Personally, the countdown doesn't seem to be much of the issue so much as players misusing it. In my opinion, the chat rules should be amended to deny players the right to auction unless it is a legitimate, reasonable auction.

Ohh, that could make sense. Still though, this is not an isolated instance, I have seen people auctioning a dirt for 10k just to be funny.

TabbyCatt26

Formerly
    Ultimate
    There is a command to stop the spammy messages, guys. It is like /auc spam or something like that. Personally, I have no problem with the auctions being the way they are.

That command actually just turns off all auction messages, right? That would mean that if some one legitimately auctioned something I wouldn't be able to tell.