• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Our Discord
  • STORYTIME

I am here to revive a forum game that has been on the DL for many months now, and at its height was a lot of fun for forumgoers. Here's to storytime!

Very simple game, almost self-explanatory. All you have to do is build a story by creating an entry that follows the last words of the previous one. An ideal entry connects parts from multiple entries at once. It can be as long or as fictional as you like. In the end, by scrolling down the forum, you get to read an entire story written by multiple Oldtowners. There are only a few rules to ensure that all goes well:

1: No apocalyptic occurrences (i.e. meteor hits Earth, all characters die, etc.).
    2: No premature endings. Don't make a "The End" until the story has been fully developed, and everyone who may want to has contributed!
    3: Only write in narrative form. Don't make any comments about your own or anyone else's work in this forum, save the storytime forum for the story.
    *Don't forget to be as creative as possible! :)

I'll start this one:

The citizens of Rivercreek knew the town they resided within to be one thing, and one thing only: boring. Everything from the weather, to the people; even the criminals were boring. There was just one news provider, and it had only enough material for single thin newspaper per week. One might say that the phrase, "Nothing changes under the sun," were quite literally true in Rivercreek.

This was the life to which the town of 2,000 had grown accustomed. Our story begins on the day that things at last began to change...

AlphabetJack

Formerly
    Titan
    Rivercreek as you might say was the worst place to live, or even visit for that matter, on planet earth. It didn't have a river to splash in or even a creek to fish, and somehow it was called Rivercreek. Some described it was like a living last period math class.

But that all changed...

The owners of this city, knew of their people's boredom, and soon they started to experience it as well. And they decided to take action, and what they did, was unbelievable...