• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Our Discord
  • The petition for /baltop to be removed and seeing other's money

Hello all,

As of recently, the whole mod abuse conspiracy theory has been addressed, although my opinions will remain within the realms of my own thoughts. I would like to steer the topic of conversation to another challenge, the true effect of the psychology on /baltop. A "rich list" is a statistical chart that simply shows where everyone stands in balance terms. Although this may present an incentive to accumulate wealth (To have ones name known in status), it seems to have some negative consequences on the community. This list will be organized.

1. It damages the community through competition - Normally, competition is good; for instance, airplanes and the air need a competition of forces to generate lift, and is a good thing to have in a larger scale environment. However, in a smaller community such as our server, where everyone knows eachother by name, it may create envious rivalries.

2. It drives new players away - When seeing a large amount of money through /baltop, and a new set of economic opportunities present with a new server, newer players may feel inferior to the other players.

3. It damages parts of the economy - The /baltop can often be seen as a good indicator of market inflation within the server, meaning the less valuable money is overall; which will have a negative effect on player-to-player transactions where they may base prices off of the competition to the baltop. I would like to emphasize that baltop does not destroy the economy, but in our situation, it may be more beneficial to have it removed, so no one knows how much money each person has.

4. It creates conspiracy theories of exploits when there's a large jump in balance - Mostly due to jealousy, most of the community knows the previous challenges caused from such beliefs.

5. It overall taints the goal of Aspiria - Which is to create a unique experience for the minecraft player, part of which is a good, supportive community. Unfortunately, /baltop and money viewing on other players has been negative, leading to issues among players based off of competition.

With all said; I feel that Aspiria's community would be making a large step in the right direction, by focusing more on the community in on itself, rather than economic dominance. The only ones who should know everyone's personal balance are the moderators, who have a responsibility to regulate and perform checks on the economy.

Please post your support of this action, and as I always advise, keep things professional and not attack other posters.

Thank you

- MrMcBurger

I think /baltop should be removed. Other players are far too concerned about the amount of money that other players have. Who cares about money? Seriously. Minecraft is a building game. You wanna one-up someone? Build something cool. Make something that lasts and matters, like Tabs said (either on here somewhere else or to me, idk. I don't know how to forum).
    I was talking with Sykes and Tabbs the other day about how the /baltop should be removed because too many complaining on people having more than others and then claiming ppl are either hacking or mod abusing.... Seriously, it´s time we all grow up and stop crying about IG money. If the focus is shifted to /baltop then this server will be mainly about who can make more money vs who can build nice places and have fun. So, BiGUNMAN once made a great point to me when I asked him: why don´t you bring factions back again? He answered: because it attracts the type of people who like to grief and pillage and the type of server he wants is a friendly family oriented server. Since you started making a lot of money then complaining others where passing you, lately this server isn´t fun, cause now the focus has been shifted. But i agree with you. If we remove /baltop, no one will ever know who has a lot of money, and no one can complain that someone made more than someone else, because of either hacking, or mod abusing. Heck, if we have people hacking for more$$$ now that will deter them, and that type of community of player who are cash oriented will fade, leaving the friendly family oriented people. :) Yup

Final verdict, completely remove /baltop. And lets drop all pending issues regarding in game money cause I want this community to be drama free.

I was talking with Sykes and Tabbs the other day about how the /baltop should be removed because too many complaining on people having more than others and then claiming ppl are either hacking or mod abusing.... Seriously, it´s time we all grow up and stop crying about IG money. If the focus is shifted to /baltop then this server will be mainly about who can make more money vs who can build nice places and have fun. So, BiGUNMAN once made a great point to me when I asked him: why don´t you bring factions back again? He answered: because it attracts the type of people who like to grief and pillage and the type of server he wants is a friendly family oriented server. Since you started making a lot of money then complaining others where passing you, lately this server isn´t fun, cause now the focus has been shifted. But i agree with you. If we remove /baltop, no one will ever know who has a lot of money, and no one can complain that someone made more than someone else, because of either hacking, or mod abusing. Heck, if we have people hacking for more$$$ now that will deter them, and that type of community of player who are cash oriented will fade, leaving the friendly family oriented people. :) Yup

Final verdict, completely remove /baltop. And lets drop all pending issues regarding in game money cause I want this community to be drama free.
    Preach it.

PsyberTech

Colossus
    I just looked at BalTop... Looks like people have tripled their money in the past week or so. Is this mainly by selling to the Server's Shop?

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    I think removing /baltop won't completely suppress everyone's race for money, but I do agree with HamBurger :3 on this. Everytime I get online, as the chat window scrolls by, I see things like "yay i reaechd baltop 2" or, less often, "i haev moer monei dan u". Those people look to me like their only purpose here is making money and being the coolest, which makes repeating a task for days (e.g. mining for ores, killing endermen) a better way for them to spend valuable time than having fun on a videogame.

Removing /baltop (along with the chat feature that shows one's possessed money, or any feature that allows a player's balance to be seen) would perhaps help us make IG money less (hypothetically) valuable than real money.

Garrieth

Legend
    I just looked at BalTop... Looks like people have tripled their money in the past week or so. Is this mainly by selling to the Server's Shop?
    Ya I agree money making is EZ PZ kinda.
    For instance, I make over 500k just selling stuff from OP crates people buy. Ik stuff like this makes money for the server, but its really too OP and non-legit :(
    I feel bad using the OP Tools etc.

PsyberTech

Colossus
    It is also an easy way for everyone to see that perhaps some hanky panky is going on that may need to be looked into Why is it that only the people in the top of BalTop what this disabled?

why is this not in the suggestion section? makes no sense to have it where those that read the suggestions would have to hunt for it amid the other conversations.

PrinceAlibaba

Alicietta's Prince
    Legend
    Hello all,

As of recently, the whole mod abuse conspiracy theory has been addressed, although my opinions will remain within the realms of my own thoughts. I would like to steer the topic of conversation to another challenge, the true effect of the psychology on /baltop. A "rich list" is a statistical chart that simply shows where everyone stands in balance terms. Although this may present an incentive to accumulate wealth (To have ones name known in status), it seems to have some negative consequences on the community. This list will be organized.

1. It damages the community through competition - Normally, competition is good; for instance, airplanes and the air need a competition of forces to generate lift, and is a good thing to have in a larger scale environment. However, in a smaller community such as our server, where everyone knows eachother by name, it may create envious rivalries.

2. It drives new players away - When seeing a large amount of money through /baltop, and a new set of economic opportunities present with a new server, newer players may feel inferior to the other players.

3. It damages parts of the economy - The /baltop can often be seen as a good indicator of market inflation within the server, meaning the less valuable money is overall; which will have a negative effect on player-to-player transactions where they may base prices off of the competition to the baltop. I would like to emphasize that baltop does not destroy the economy, but in our situation, it may be more beneficial to have it removed, so no one knows how much money each person has.

4. It creates conspiracy theories of exploits when there's a large jump in balance - Mostly due to jealousy, most of the community knows the previous challenges caused from such beliefs.

5. It overall taints the goal of Aspiria - Which is to create a unique experience for the minecraft player, part of which is a good, supportive community. Unfortunately, /baltop and money viewing on other players has been negative, leading to issues among players based off of competition.

With all said; I feel that Aspiria's community would be making a large step in the right direction, by focusing more on the community in on itself, rather than economic dominance. The only ones who should know everyone's personal balance are the moderators, who have a responsibility to regulate and perform checks on the economy.

Please post your support of this action, and as I always advise, keep things professional and not attack other posters.

Thank you

- MrMcBurger
    I actually don't see that big of a problem with it. Mainly all I see is people trying to get builds in or rank up in the mcmmos like me

PsyberTech

Colossus
    If you are reading this, and monitor the /mctop I bet you have noticed that it has crawled to almost a stop in rising. Those people who placed copious time and effort in raising their skills are burnt out. If a skill rises, it is because they needed to mine, or needed to farm etc. I whole heartedly believe that the same thing will happen to the /baltop. It will come down to a hand full of players who really want to be there. The rest of us could care less.

I say leave it there to watch for sudden flux changes which will allow Mods and Owners to take notice that perhaps another Exploit like Selling ORE to the Shop. I have known this entire time how to make a billion credits here but I chose not to. I have not seen any effort towards those members who did. Keep /baltop so everyone can see who may have been taking advantage of exploits. Lets NOT let them hide in amenity.

Ladayen

Legend
    People are starting to cap it out now and it will be redundant soon enough. I liked that you could keep track of sudden rises which showed problems with the economy. I think Big has fixed some of those issues at least now though.