• Our Discord
  • X-ray?

should we be allowed to use x-ray?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • no

Votes: 13 100.0%

• Total voters
    So i recently got into modding a bit and downloaded forge. I was wondering, could I get banned for using an X-ray mod or texture pack? If the answer is yes, I wont use it. Of course I understand the concern of people abusing the power so I know the answer is most likely yes.

No it is not allowed I was trying to help a person starting off and a guy said he could X-ray to get diamonds and he got banned in front of me. He also had many other hacks as well but I would say no to using it. Im sure you don't want to get banned, hope I answered your question bye

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    My current opinion on XRay is kinda' mixed.

Points in favor:
    It removes the boring factor of mining for resources, which could save a lot of time, electrical energy and GPU integrity;
    Being a graphical modification, it doesn't cause any direct harm to other players;
    Points against:
    It helps the user find hidden underground buildings, possibly allowing them to raid them;
    (According to the principles of cheating) it removes the challenge of the game by making the user find ores a lot faster, therefore finding something rare, like an emerald, would be a lot less rewarding; Let's be honest here, isn't the challenge of mining already dead? You know, with diamonds only costing 100$ and all that?
    Being a modification, it would give some advantages to the user(s) that vanilla players wouldn't have, making it unfair;
    If the user is irresponsible, he/she could strip some areas of their mining resources, which could be needed by someone else (like donators stripping the End of Elytras because $$$$$$, which isWAY worse than using XRay imo);
    Umies would be disappointed ;n;​

I'm currently working on a related kind of mod, which does not reveal ores or precious resources but still makes me think about the legitimacy of modify a client in order to bring HUD improvements. That's why I haven't worked on a MP version yet ;^;