• NOBODY CARES

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • THE HYPERLINKS DON'T WORK

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Ladayen

Legend
    So after reading through things, this server definitely has to make some changes quickly.

OP items have to go, coin for cash has to go.

/feed. /jump /repair /top /fly /craft /heal /vanish /thru /god all seem like they would need to be modified to comply.

philitup333

Colossus
    im done m8 pm me when mojang stop killing their game
    [DOUBLEPOST=1462113803,1462112920][/DOUBLEPOST]for more info on the eula/blacklist
    for a better explanation

ONE MAJOR RULE
    The one major rule is that you must not distribute anything we've made unless we specifically agree to it. By "distribute anything we've made" what we mean is:

• give copies of our Game to anyone else;
    • make commercial use of anything we've made;
    • try to make money from anything we've made; or
    • let other people get access to anything we've made in a way that is unfair or unreasonable;
    unless we specifically agree to it. And so that we are crystal clear, "the Game" or "what we have made" includes, but is not limited to, the client or the server software for our Game. It also includes updates, patches, downloadable content, add-ons, or modified versions of a Game, part of those things, or anything else we've made.

Otherwise we are quite relaxed about what you do - in fact we really encourage you to do cool stuff - but just don't do those things that we say you can't.

philitup333

Colossus
    stuff like this would have been fine if it had happened years ago but as it stands, minecraft servers have been at this level of p2w for years, and to just rip it away from everybody who spent money, and every server owner who now has no way of making money, i think it will just kill the game to be honest

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    This was posted after many people tried to connect to the 1.9 server, failing to do so. Am I the only one seeing the connection here?

bambilover1214

Established
    Legend
    stuff like this would have been fine if it had happened years ago but as it stands, minecraft servers have been at this level of p2w for years, and to just rip it away from everybody who spent money, and every server owner who now has no way of making money, i think it will just kill the game to be honest
    I agree... The community will die out. (or start a revolt) smh. minecraft isnt looking so good now. Hopefully after this backlash they will drop this whole "blacklist" thing, or stuff is going to go DOWN.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1462116637,1462116571][/DOUBLEPOST]
    This was posted after many people tried to connect to the 1.9 server, failing to do so. Am I the only one seeing the connection here?
    I see a connection, but the blacklist was going to come in in 1.9.3 so maybe coincidence? idk.

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    I've just read of all of this, but if I got everything right (and, most importantly, everything everything) people found those hashed strings in 1.9.3 snapshots. Since Minecraft is obfuscated, who says those were already there (but in different classes) when they built 1.9.2?

TransparentFate

Citizen
    God
    Back when Acid Island was around, Jeb posted something about pay to win servers was ridiculous. The servers removed game essentials to progress and made it where you had to buy it. Like buy a diamond sword for 10 bucks because diamonds don't exist in that world.

We stand on 'iffy' grounds. The fact that we have ranks is okay because you're paying for additional plugins, something of course you cannot get in vanilla MC. The fact we have spawners, spawn eggs, and other things in Vanilla MC that could be obtained kind of makes things a bit iffy.

Other than that, I think we're mostly on good grounds.

Besides, we're not a pay to win server, we don't specialize in button mashing no pvp skill server that leeches money to git better swords

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    Back when Acid Island was around, Jeb posted something about pay to win servers was ridiculous. The servers removed game essentials to progress and made it where you had to buy it. Like buy a diamond sword for 10 bucks because diamonds don't exist in that world.

We stand on 'iffy' grounds. The fact that we have ranks is okay because you're paying for additional plugins, something of course you cannot get in vanilla MC. The fact we have spawners, spawn eggs, and other things in Vanilla MC that could be obtained kind of makes things a bit iffy.

Besides, we're not a pay to win server, we don't specialize in button mashing no pvp skill server that leeches money to git better swords
    While I agree with you, Mojang may not; our donation income goes to the server upkeep and improvements budget (if I'm not mistaken, we have a whole bunch of custom plugins - which don't come from charity associations), but this model could be seen as actual profit from Mojang n' co. Mojang/Microsoft (I'm naming them both because I'm not an expert of economy so idklol) could subsequently see the situation as an attempt for Aspiria to make money off their game, which is a bit childish but definitely possible (again, I'm no economist).

philitup333

Colossus
    the sad thing is that mojang is owned by a corporation now, which only exists to make money. they are faceless nameless, and they dont care what they need to do for money, if mojang cant make all the money from their game, they want to at least stop anybody else from making any money.

Garrieth

Legend
    Please note that I found this in another server and couldn't be bothered to rewrite it so am copying and pasting, so there may be stuff about tim and 1.9 cooldowns I cant be brothered do erase cuz I am lazy

The title of this post was cut off and I forgot how to edit it. For those reading the preview, it is meant to be "1.9.3 server blacklists; Mojang is finally enforcing the EULA"

So, this has been blowing up on reddit and I'm surprised I haven't seen it here yet.

Anyway, in the 1.9.3 snapshots /u/autorek found some new hashed strings in a couple classes.. If any nerds are interested in more details about the encryption, here's a link to a relevant comment chain.

Basically, those strings are encrypted server addresses, and the client will be given a network disconnect if they try to join any of the blacklisted servers. The two main reasons why servers are put on the blacklist is IP fraud and eula violation.

I don't know if empire war is planned to be on this list, but BiG, if you've gotten any emails from mojang brand enforcement, 99% chance it will be soon. Otherwise, it is still something to be concerned about given the current donation model. Here's a link to a bot that updates the list of banned server every five minutes. There are about 30 decrypted server ips, but dictionary.txt could have as many as 15k server ips.

VideoGameAttorney has given some insight to this issue on reddit, which I will try to summarize:

The criteria mojang appears to have for "banning" servers is probably different than what you may think (IP fraud is the main issue, with eula violations coming in a little later). If you're a server owner, don't be stupid in the way you combat this. There's a right way to fight/compromise in this situation, and there's a way where you won't win anything. Don't tell users not to update, that is not the way to go about this.

The way servers are dealing with this is fairly interesting, with the most notable (and despicable) version being GotPvP, which had announced they will not comply. In addition they're offering a 50% store discount right now. If you're wondering what is so terrible about this, GotPvP knows that it can't win this fight. The only two ways this can end for gotpvp is with a complete server shutdown or making significantly less money. So they decided to try to get their players to spend as much as they can before they go down, so that their crash and burn at least nets a profit. Yeah...

Hope this ends well
    Erm... idk if I should be scared or.. wait... who am I kidding! Yes we should be scared :I
    Idk whats going on but I hope this ends well for the Aspiria community!

Hope all is well,
    Garrett
    [DOUBLEPOST=1462121309,1462121244][/DOUBLEPOST]

I sure hope your right bud :I

bambilover1214

Established
    Legend
    Erm... idk if I should be scared or.. wait... who am I kidding! Yes we should be scared :I
    Idk whats going on but I hope this ends well for the Aspiria community!

Hope all is well,
    Garrett
    [DOUBLEPOST=1462121309,1462121244][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I sure hope your right bud :I
    I agree... we wont know what happens till 1.9.3 comes out.. lets hope mojang changes their minds or they are going to have to deal with alot of backlash. luckily i dont play most of the servers on the blacklist :s My worst fear is that servers like aspiria are gonna be blacklisted.

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    If Mojang didn't want people to modify their content in almost every way possible, why the nether did they use a very high level language such as Java? It just makes it a lot heavier in order to add features they don't want. Laziness is not an excuse from a bunch of people who were bought by Microsoft.
    this is not a rhetorical question

Garrieth

Legend
    Erm k, I think (in a worst case scenario of Aspiria being killed) they should copy the map and all the server files, get a new IP, and start new wit nothing that will get the server banned again :I
    *tears* I... I just don't want my doges to be gone :(

TransparentFate

Citizen
    God
    We are in the safe zone guys, *most* of our bought things are in the green zone. Just I don't think some of of our things are in the green zone