• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Our Discord
  • mcMMO, New Website, Yey! [1.9.2 Update]

BiGUNMAN

Citizen
    Ultimate

Hi! I'd like to introduce the 1.9.2 update which will slowly be coming out during the next couple weeks or have already come out!
    • mcMMO (Yes! We will be trying out mcMMO, doesn't mean we'll keep it, but maybe we will?)
    • New website - We haven't updated the website with our new Aspiria name and fantastic new colors, how dare we not! A new and very much improved version will be released soon, (full phone support)!
    • SkyWars - We have the minigame, now we're bringing in 4 new maps with 12 players each!
    • Pets are back!
    • Trading with mcMMO points! (/trade)
    • New donor shop with updated items!
    • (Maybe I'll add something else here... :p)
    I am aware of that fact that there was lag at 50+ players, we have now made great progress in ensuring that doesn't occur, but if it continues to persist we will try again! And fix it another way :)

Another cool thing, we've made a Teaser Trailer! (750 views in 3 weeks - awesome!)
    I hope you guys enjoy these new features ;)!

PandaMaxTPN

Established
    Titan
    wow sounds cool nice job BiGGi btw nice trailer :3
    [DOUBLEPOST=1461049206,1461049152][/DOUBLEPOST]Also just curious, will there be a contest held for a new logo on the new website or will it be the same logo?

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    Yay, another way to push greedy players to worry about their money instead of welcoming (which is not just saying "welcome!") new people. Which I do not witness enough when I'm online.

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    What is mcMmMO?
    Objectively speaking:
    A plugin that adds certain skill progression mechanics to the game, which reminds of the structure of most MMORPGs.​
    Subjectly speaking:
    1. The perfect example of a way to transform a game into what is not supposed to be.
    2. The perfect example of how people think something's cool just because it's popular and many other people (inherently to my argument, other servers) have it.
    3. Something that will potentially make people even more unchallenged by the world than they currently are.
    4. Something that adds the *lovely* "haha, I have higher skill levers than you" factor in the game.

Objectively speaking:
    A plugin that adds certain skill progression mechanics to the game, which reminds of the structure of most MMORPGs.​
    Subjectly speaking:
    1. The perfect example of a way to transform a game into what is not supposed to be.
    2. The perfect example of how people think something's cool just because it's popular and many other people (inherently to my argument, other servers) have it.
    3. Something that will potentially make people even more unchallenged by the world than they currently are.
    4. Something that adds the *lovely* "haha, I have higher skill levers than you" factor in the game.
    *Agrees to the bottom half* lol

Meh I like it. I mean it will be odd to have it because I usually see it on factions servers and would never really imagine it being on a no greif no pvp server. Also for what Semi said, I personally try to welcome new players when I see them log on. I do not look at chat sometimes because I am busy building something new and fantastic for my town *Cough* shameless self promotion *Cough* but whenever I see it I try to welcome them. I can't say that for other people which is saddening but it happens.

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    My opinion: if I want to play an RPG, MMO or not, I play an RPG, MMO or not. I know marvelous examples of both kinds, and they are much better than Minecraft with mcMMO at what they do.

Objectively speaking:
    Subjectly speaking:
    I agree with you, there are countless MMO/RPG games that are designed to be MMO/RPG games that are way better then MC. but like with any new feature, there's guna be people who like it and people who don't. also I don't think our lack of welcoming is due entirely to money, skills, or anything else related to personal gain. it's ok if a new player comes on, reads the rules, and starts playing (no physical assistance), but if they ask a question and no one responds, then we have a problem.
    Personally, I like mcMMO, not because it's a great plugin or I want minecraft to be mmorpg, but because it adds something new and offers more objectives.

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    Also, I don't think our lack of welcoming is entirely due to money, skills, or anything else related to personal gain.
    Yes, but it does have a bit of influence '^' not for everyone, some people just care to be rich enough to survive in a comfy way. Technically, people don't welcome other people because they're doing something else (duh :3) and they rely on other people to be nice, or they just don't care. I see a lot of people asking to join a town or stuff like that, and I'm unable to help because I'm not in one (neither can I teleport people to populated places wihout being allowed to).
    I just find McMMO mehhu :3 (NWOTD)
    '^'

Instead of making me rage about mcMMO, go criticize my own plugin project :C I need criticism ;n;

PsyberTech

Colossus
    Having used McMMO for many years, and installing it on tens of thousands of servers, I have found it to be a very useful skill set expansion. As mentioned above, there is a top 10 listing for everything, but that is not what McMMO is about. It is about the expanded and enhanced skill set and the rewards that are extended to the player through the McMMO plugin. Trust me, the primary use is not to see who has the biggest one, but there is a wee bit of that too. The ability to repair items in game, combined with the Vanilla Anvil allows any user to develop an impressive array of Weapons and Armor for example.

Wiki: http://mcmmo.wikia.com/wiki/McMMO_Wiki

Note: Any and All of the available features within McMMO have the ability to be toggled on or off. Benefits/Rewards are also configurable.

It would be interesting to see how many people posting negative comments about McMMO use the /FIX command in game. I rather love /fix, but it is more of a game changer than McMMO ever will be.

:)

DreadySemicolon

Bishop of the umi order
    To me, it appears I'm the only one who actively "posts negative comments" (more like "childishly rages all over the forums"), but to me mcMMO seems to be a "game changer" twelve thousands of times more than /fix is. It's not exactely subdle, and the way it turns Minecraft into an MMORPG makes me want to play an ACTUAL MMORPG game.